New EMC Board elected at the 6th European Forum on Music
From 19-22 May 2016, over 120 music lovers from more than 20 (European) countries met in Wroclaw to discuss topics revolving around the topic of “Musical Homelands: New Territories”. In the frame of the Forum the Annual Meeting of EMC members took place and a new Board was elected.
The results of the Board elections are:
- Ian Smith (UK), Chair Scottish Music Centre, Creative Scotland
- Stefano Kunz (CH), Vice Chair Swiss Music Council
- Willem van Moort (NL), Treasurer European Music Schools Union and Director of Bplus C, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Gretchen Amussen (FR/US) European Association of Conservatoires, Conservatoire de Paris (CNSMD)
- Krzysztof Knittel (PL) Polish Music Council, Composer, Professor at Fryderyk Chopin Music University
- Victoria Liedbergius European Choral Association – Europa Cantat, Ung I Kor (Norway)
- Kostas Moschos International Assoication of Music Information Centres (IAMIC), Greek Institute for Research on Music & Acoustics
The Board is elected for a period of 2 years; the current mandate goes until 2018.
Ian Smith, re-elected chairman of the EMC: “It is a great honour and privilege to be re-elected as chair of the EMC and I thank the EMC members for their trust. I look forward to working with you all over the next two years which will be important for the EMC in terms of its political work such as the potentially new funding programme for the music sector and the EMC’s own initiative the European Agenda for Music”.
More information on the European Forum on Music is available at: http://www.emc-imc.org/events/european-forum-on-music-2016/